Happy New Year to you and your family! Here are some tips to implement in the New Year to keep you pest-free in 2018.
- Healthy indoors – Air indoors is up to 100 times more polluted than outdoor air. This is partially due to dead bug bodies and bug droppings that are clogging up the filtration system. Have your air ducts cleaned out and change the air filters regularly.
- Lose untidy weight – Untidiness is a welcome sight for insects. Spiders and bed bugs deliberately seek out cluttered areas where they can live without being noticed and clutter that sits around gathering dust just gives insects more spaces to hide.
- Get organized – If you want to get serious about controlling the bug population around your home its time to consider regularly scheduled pest control treatments. We can help you create a routine pest control treatment plan that is monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly.
- Enjoy your outdoor living spaces – If screening in a porch has been on your list for some time, now is a great time to get it done. You can enjoy the outdoors without dealing with wasps, hornets, mosquitoes and flies.
- Learn something new – Learn more about the micro ecosystem around your home to protect it against insect attacks. Start by studying your own yard, understand the plants you have and pay close attention to the kinds of bugs they draw.
- Stop smoking – Fill in air leaks around your home, air escaping from your home can cost you in wasted energy, but it also shows that there are cracks and crevices that bugs can get through. Focus on areas around the front doors and windows. If any windows or doors rattle thats an indication that they arent airtight.
- Spend Less – A little precaution before a crisis occurs is preferable to a lot of fixing up afterwards. Regular pest control treatments not only prevent problems before they happen, issues can also be caught early to reduce damage and expenses.
Thanks to the Delta Optimist for the content for this article. Read Delta Optimist Article